|The infobox template in this article is missing some required data/details. You can help IDW Sonic Hub Wiki by filling it in.|
This article is incomplete.
Lanolin was a female sheep who was a part of the Resistance and later became a member of the Restoration when the resistance was disbanded. The character herself was originally nameless, with her name only mentioned by the artist Adam Thomas. It was then confirmed to be her official name by Ian Flynn.
After the Resistance was reformed into the Restoration, Lanolin can be seen carrying away a pile of papers, and can be seen assisting matters in Restoration HQ.
All or Nothing
She was one of the few survivors aboard the rescue shuttle when the Restoration HQ was breached.
After the evacuation of Restoration HQ and relocation to Angel Island, Lanolin can be seen in one of the pilot chairs of the lone shuttle that evacuated. She was extremely worried when Sonic, infected by the metal virus was hanging on the back of her chair. (STH#26)
Out of the Blue
Trial by Fire
Apparantly, Lanolin was seen in the Park Zone, although seperate from Amy and the rest of her group.
The female sheep is shown to be easily startled. whether it is from badniks to even being mentioned by her boss.
Lanolin is a fluffy white sheep. Her hair-like wool is kept in check with a hair bow. She has small horns on top of her head which was originally red, but has since changed to black. She wears brown track pants and brown hiking boots. She had an orange tank top and a collar which has a large bell attached to it.
When the HQ was evacuated via the rescue shuttle, Lanolin wore a jump suit.
- She was one of first two background characters that was introduced into the comics, the other being "Meringue"
- She appears in Cover B of IDW Sonic the hedgehog issue 2.
- She was a background character created by Adam Bryce Thomas that was introduced into the comics, she also appears on Cover B of that same issue.
- "Lanolin" is a product from sheep's wool.
Concept and creation
Lanolin was created by Adam Bryce Thomas as a background character in Sonic the Hedgehog #2. In supplement issues, Thomas would draw in Lanolin (usually with a new look). Writer Ian Flynn would later confirm Lanolin's name.
This article or section is out of date.
- Lanolin appears on an early draft of Sonic the Hedgehog #30's A cover, which was done by Adam Bryce Thomas. However, she was edited out of the final version.
- To date, Lanolin has appeared almost exclusively in issues illustrated by Adam Bryce Thomas, her creator. The only exceptions are Sonic the Hedgehog #20, Sonic the Hedgehog #26, and the Sonic the Hedgehog Annual 2020, where she was drawn by Jack Lawrence, Evan Stanley, and Jonathan Gray, respectively.
- Adam Bryce Thomas on Twitter. Twitter (12 April 2018). Retrieved on 12 April 2018.
- Adam Bryce Thomas on Twitter. Twitter (17 April 2018). Retrieved on 18 April 2018.
- Ian Flynn on Twitter. Twitter (18 January 2020). Archived from the original on 18 January 2020. Retrieved on 6 March 2021.
- Sonic the Hedgehog #30 Cover A inks