This article, which is based on the real-world perspective is incomplete.
Articles includes people and other things in real life (i.e. the production Staff of IDW). Please help improve IDW Sonic Hub by expanding it.
Ian Flynn (previously know under his internet pen-name Ian Potto) is the current head writer of the IDW Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series after the Archie Sonic comics ended.
Ian was previously the head writer of Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series and its various spin-offs, a tenure he began in 2006 and lasted until the comics cancellation in 2017.
Ian Flynn was the head writer for two of Archie's comics: Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe. He was also the main writer for Sonic Boom and every issue of Archie's Mega Man comic series, the latter of which had two crossovers with Archie's Sonic titles. He also writes for Dark Circle Comics' New Crusaders and is currently writing for Cosmo, the revival of Archie's Cosmo the Merry Martian character. He has also contributed to the comics within Archie's mainline comic series, including co-writing the final two issues of the third Jughead series.
This article may be prone to be frequently updated, i.e. the writer may constantly be working on any forward issues.
Please help improve IDW Sonic Hub by expanding it.
- Sonic the Hedgehog:
- #1-#4 ("Fallout")
- #5-#6 ("The Fate of Dr. Eggman")
- #7 ("Meet the New Boss")
- #8 ("Silent Support")
- #9-#11 ("The Battle for Angel Island")
- #12 ("The Cost of the Battle for Angel Island")
- #13 ("Calling Card")
- #14 ("Misdirection")
- #15 ("Patient Zero")
- #16 ("Infection")
- #17 ("Plague")
- #18 ("Victims")
- #19 - #20 ("Crisis City")
- #21 - #23 ("The Last Minute")
- #24 ("The Last One Out")
- #25 ("A Sudden Shift")
- #26 - #29 ("All or Nothing")
- #30 - #31? ("Cured")
- #32 (TBA)
- Sonic the Hedgehog Annual:
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Tangle & Whisper:
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Bad Guys
Besides working on the IDW comic series and the aformentioned Archie series, Ian has also written episodes of the Sonic Boom TV series, as well as writing the digital mini-comic that appeared in the Nintendo 3DS video game Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal.
Notable Non-Sonic Work
Before IDW acquired the Sonic license, Ian had already provided writing duties for the publishers Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic series.
For Archie Comics, Ian wrote all 55 issues of their licensed Mega Man comic book series, which itself had two crossovers with Archie's Sonic titles. He also writes for Red Circle's New Crusaders and is currently writing for Cosmo, the revival of Archie's Cosmo the Merry Martian character. He has also contributed to the comics within Archie's mainline comic series, including co-writing the final two issues of the third Jughead series.
- ↑ http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Archie_Sonic_the_Hedgehog
- ↑ http://comicsalliance.com/mega-man-ian-flynn-interview/
- ↑ https://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-chats-with-archie-s-ian-flynn-about-mega-man-and-sonic-s-second-worlds-unite-crossover-292570.phtml
- ↑ http://comicsalliance.com/new-crusaders-ian-flynn-interview/
- ↑ http://www.cbr.com/excl-archie-comics-sonic-team-reuniting-on-cosmo-revival/