It is very important that all information in the articles is properly referenced so that others may know where to look should they want to find out more. At the end of each paragraph or section, reference what issue the information came from. Please look over the following to see how to properly reference your sources. If information is placed on a page and not properly cited, it may be deleted.
- It is also important that uploaded images receive the proper referencing. See Non-free use rationale for more information.
How to Reference
Here is an example of a properly referenced sentence would look like:
This is how you would type it out:
- "Sonic went through such-and-such event." ([[IDW Sonic the Hedgehog|StH]]: [[IDW Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 1|#1]])
If you require citing two (or more) separate sources, this is what it would look like:
- "Sonic went through such-and-such event. Sonic, Knuckles and Tails teamed up for this event." (StH: #1, #2)
And how you would type it:
- "Sonic went through such-and-such event. Sonic, Knuckles and Tails teamed up for this event." ([[IDW Sonic the Hedgehog|StH]]: [[IDW Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 1|#1]], [[IDW Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 2|#2]])
Referencing Outsourced Information
Use reference tables to cite information addressed on other websites.
- Click here to learn how to use reference tables.
List of the various series and how to reference them
Below is a list of all of the comics within the IDW Sonic the Hedgehog Universe which may be used as referencing material on this site. If possible, please cite them in this order should you be using references from numerous series.
The series are listed below in order of how you should reference them (main series, miniseries, free comic day specials, reprints, then official blogs).
For example, the order would go:
- Sonic the Hedgehog comics
- [[IDW Sonic the Hedgehog|StH]]
- [[StH]] (alternative method)
- Sonic Issues: [[IDW Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 1|#1]]